Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Propellerhead Reason...

It's really hard for me to come up with something to design with 3DS Max. It's easier for me to just pick a logo and make a 3D version of it. Yesterday I decided to do a render of Propellerhead Reason's logo shown here:


This is what I came up with:

The orange boxes are just chamber boxes booleaned with a cylinder. The orange colored material is a high gloss ceramic and the black material is a two tone car paint. I used two white self-illuminated boxes to stimulate the center sphere. The stage material is a polished cement. All materials except for the self-illuminated white are standard mental ray materials.

The lighting was a little tough for me. I still haven't mastered lighting with 3DS Max 2009. I used two photometric target lights at 110K lm from each side to simulate relfected light. I also used a standard omni, with shadows enabled, from above and behind. Most of the ambient light was generated from a standard skylight directly above center.

More logos to come...

No comments: