Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thank You, Sammy

Sundays at Chevy’s Fresh Mex. Margaritas are 1/2 off. w00t!!! I usually drink two margaritas with my Mesquite Grilled Steak Tacos. This one is my first.

It’s called the Cabo Wabo Rock n’ Rita and they make it table side.

They start off with a healthy portion of Sammy Hagar’s Cabo Wabo Tequila. Sammy’s tequila is one of the most easy going tequila out there. Very smooth. Great flavor.

From there, they add the citrus juices; Fresh Orange, fresh Lime, fresh Lemon.

It is then shaken and poured into your choice of sugar rimmed glass: Watermelon sugar… Lime sugar… or my favorite, Pineapple sugar.

This is a very sweet tequila but not too sweet. Most of the flavor is from the fresh fruit. However… and this is very important to me… Sammy’s Cabo Wabo is still a dominating presence.

I have never been disappointed with this drink. Chevy’s is very consistant with the mix. It will always taste the same. Overall, I would give this a 9 out of 10. It is not my all time favorite Margarita but it is definitely great.

No comments: