Thursday, November 13, 2008

WoT Movie...

Just a couple of days ago, Dragonmount.com announced that Red Eagle Entertainment was going to produce a movie based on the Eye of the World, book 1 of the Wheel of Time series.

Exciting...

That got me thinking a lot about who would be cast as some of the main characters. Here is a list of some actors/actesses that I think would be a good idea. You can reference a post by seamas without pants , which shows artistic renditions of various characters. Keep in mind, I only name these people based on their appearance, not their acting talent.

Rand al'Thor - Christian Bale
Perrin Aybara - Jake Hager
Mat Cauthon - Seann William Scott
Morraine Damodred - Kate Beckensale
Lan Mandragoran - Vigo Mortenson
Nynaeve al'Meara - Summer Glau
Egwene al'Vere - Vanessa Hudgens
Wil al'Seen - Zach Efron
Padan Fain - Jeff Goldblum
Min Farshaw - Jewel Staite
Loial - Rosie O'Donnell
Bayle Domon - Robin Williams
Logain Ablar - Hugh Jackman
Ba'alzammon - Peter Stormare
Morgasse Trakand - Angelina Jolie
Gareth Bryne - Clive Owen
Elayne Trakrand - Taylor Swift
Siuan Sanche - Catherine Zeta Jones
Elaida a'Roihan - Sigorney Weaver


From later books:

Aviendha - Alicia Keys
Faile Aybara - Carrie-Anne Moss
Tuon - Sophie Okonedo
Berelain Sur Paendrag - Jessica Alba

2 comments:

All About Mei Mei said...

I must say you thought this out really well. Most of the actors & actresses do really look like the WoT characters...pretty awesome. Oh wait that's what you said in your blog. Although, I do have to take some credit as I helped out with a few like Angelina Jolie and ok well I guess I only helped out with one because you didn't like my choices. But you know the book better than I do so I give you lots of credit for your choices in choosing the actors & actresses. Who knows you could become a Director one day.....& that'll mean I will be Mrs. Director. :p

Demon_KNight said...

I find that you spent this much time thinking about this a little disturbing Dan. I am trying to figure out how you took time out from playing World Of War craft and planning your Star Wars themed birthday party to do all this. hmmmm.