Saturday, November 29, 2008

a'dam 3d render...

This is an a'dam from the Wheel of Time series. I rendered it with 3ds Max. This scene is made up of 1 light, 1 camera, 8 materials, 38 objects and 195,140 polygons. It took about 10 hours to make.

So what's an a'dam?

"An a'dam is a ter'angreal designed to hold a female channeler captive. It takes the form of a flexible silver collar and bracelet, usually joined by a long "leash" although that convention is not strictly necessary to its functioning. They form a basis for the "leashed channeler" social status in the Seanchan Empire; the leashed woman is called a damane ("Leashed one"), and the women who holds the bracelet a sul'dam ("Leash holder")."

a'dam. WoT.wikia.com. Retrieved November 29, 2008, from WoT.wikia.com website: http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/A%27dam

2 comments:

All About Mei Mei said...

Amazing! The colors are brillant & vivid. Awesome detailing....very articulate. Great job!

Unknown said...

I want to apologize. A few months ago, I found your image using google, and never bothered clicking on it to see where it came from. I saved it to my computer, sent it off to a few friends that were also fans of the wheel of time, and didn't think about it anymore.

However, after thinking about it for a while, I realized that an a'dam would be perfect for an avatar for my character for a wheel of time rpg - she's seanchan - and I had it uploaded to the site soon after. Just a few minutes ago, I was searching for another a'dam image, and yours popped up again. I recognized it, but this time, I clicked on it. When I saw that it came from a blog, and that it was most likely copyrighted, I felt terrible.

I wasn't thinking about who it could belong to, or if anyone would mind or anything of the sort. I will do my best to have it removed from the site as soon as I can.