Thursday, October 9, 2008

Beast Intro...

This flick was made using Unreal Tournament 2004, Maya 5, Photoshop, and Vegas Video 3. The track is "Windmill Sessions" by Bexarametric. It took me about 3 months to get this finished and it's still not perfect.

You can see there are a two bodies that actually fall through the floor. The camera work is a little choppy. I have a stray mosaic effect in the last 30 seconds.

What I like about this video is that it is one continuous shot. It took me forever to get the scripting and timing right. Even with the minor mistakes here and there, I am very proud of this sequence.

It's called "Beast Intro" because one of my clan captains set this up and the intro to his video game. I have 3 other intro videos that I'll post later. By far, this is my best work.

Some things to note...

DFA films is based off of my clan name, DFA. Stands for Death From Above. Our clan specialized (past tense) in Capture the Flag on Unreal Tournament 2003 using the Excessive Overkill mutator. The music track is also featured in a number of custom maps for the game UT2k4. Bexarametric has other tracks that are also used throughout the video game industry.

No comments: